Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Monday, December 26, 2016

It rained!!! And we hiked in it! We had a zone meeting his week and went to black mountain and hiked in our skirts! It gave me a little taste of home and also reminded me that I am able to feel so much closer to my Heavenly Father when it's raining. As we hiked we would stop and talk about different times in Christ's life. We were able to stand up there in the fog and the rain with our district and bear testimony of the savior and his atonement. The mission is such an amazing place to be during Christmas! I've learned so much more about my savior.
So the elders in Boulder City were both from Washington State and Sister Foulke and I were from Oregon!  So it was the PNW missionaries!

We took over Boulder City!


We went to Searchlight and saw a Joshua tree forest!



The hike!

Selfie with Lake Mead


My mom sent me snow in a can!

Christmas call home

Christmas was amazing and I'm so thankful for all of the wonderful Christmas messages that were sent my way!
We had some sad but exciting news this week as well! There was a sister in Henderson that was in need of a companion so there was some switching around in the mission. So today I got transferred to Henderson! My new companion is Sister Cheyne from Australia. She will be going home in 4 weeks so I'm changing companions like crazy! I miss Sister Foulke a lot already and it was really hard saying goodbye to her.. we were only together for 4 weeks so we are a little upset.. but Sister Cheyne is great and I'm sure we will have fun!

I love you guys so much! Hope you had a great Christmas!

Sister Eliza Hopper

No comments:

Post a Comment