Monday, May 2, 2016

Monday, May 2, 2016






So turns out I'm getting transferred! I thought I would be staying another transfer but it looks like I'm going to a YSA ward in Paradise! My new companion will be sister Perkins. I have never met her but I've heard a lot of great things about her so I'm excited!
We got to take a picture with Elder Holland!

So the most exciting thing that happened this week was getting to meet Elder Holland! He is amazing! He talked to us a lot about being happy and he said he knew that some of the missionaries who shook his hand where having a hard time. He said everything will be okay and that those missionaries would get through this hard time. I thought it was amazing that by him just shaking our hand and looking into our eyes he was able to have an interview with each of us! 

On our way home from Seeing Elder Holland!
He carries such a strong spirit! He pounded the pulpit and talked loudly like normal and I'm pretty sure he broke the pulpit.. Haha it was awesome! He talked to us about being good missionaries and something that was really powerful that he said really got to all of us. He said "You do not have the right to abuse the image of a missionary in this church" In his loud powerful Elder Holland voice. It was such an amazing experience to be able to learn from him!

Sadly we had to say goodbye to the Petersen's.. But we will get to see them again on the 14th for Kinley's baptism! I'm so proud of that girl!! She is amazing!
This next week should be fun! I'm sad to be leaving the family ward and all of the amazing families here! I love this ward so much! But YSA will be fun and I'm sure I will love them just as much!

Hope every one is doing well!! Love you all!


Sister Hopper
So most of the members in our ward are firemen! Including the member that we live with! They have a big Firepole that is in the middle of their house and they said that before we left we had to go down it. So we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment