Monday, November 14, 2016

Monday, November 14, 2016

This week was an adventure! We went Pomegranate hunting Monday night during FHE for our dinner with our favorite person Eliza! And I got to use a head lamp! 

We had an awesome lesson and got to talk to some members who recently started coming back to church and help them understand how they can stay strong right now! It's amazing how much love we are able to have for God's children! 


Our member Brandi has become such a good friend and we have been helping her make her way back to church and she's been coming for the last 3 weeks! She's doing awesome! We have been talking to her a lot about what we call CPR for the soul! It stands for church, prayer and reading. We know some people that have been feeling down because they don't feel like they are doing "enough" when we see the things they are doing and are blown away by their progress. Really the only thing they need to worry about at this moment is making sure they are doing CPR and everything else will come together. 

Being a part of the church doesn't mean you are perfect. Being part of the church means we are imperfect people trying to get better and come closer to our Father in Heaven! It's the simple things that will help us on our path to Heavenly Father and make us happy! Sometimes we see other people and get caught up in the details and look down on ourselves. I love sharing with people the simple things that make our lives different because it completely changes their lives!

We also had an awesome Zone meeting this week and he STLs shared a video to us that I'll share with you. We can do so much more than we give ourselves credit for! So keep pushing forward and keep working hard and don't look back! 








A Sister shared a quote in church on Sunday that I really loved! She said "you spend 2 years (18 months) of your life working hard and then you spend the rest of your life thinking about it." This is such a precious time that I have here on my mission and I want to be able to look back on it for the rest of my life and smile at the amazing experiences I've had!




Those were probably the biggest lessons I learned this week! I love that I learn something new every day. It's such a huge blessing!
It's starting to turn into Christmas here and I'm super excited!
Everyone starts getting ready for Christmas as soon as Halloween is over and it's the best! I love Christmas! It's going to be weird this year without my family around but I'm glad that no matter where I am I have family within the church and all of the amazing people I get to meet become like family!
I hope you are all doing great! Love you all so much! Have a great week!

Sister Hopper

No comments:

Post a Comment