Monday, October 3, 2016

Monday, October 3, 2016

So this was the craziest week of my life... Haha 

Tuesday we had Zone Conference which went over on time but was still amazing! 

Then I had a doctors appointment in the other mission and we got lost a couple times on our way there.. And then we had exchanges.. Wednesday we had district lunch and I didn't sleep that night because I was on exchanges with Sister


 









Vaaie and she likes to talk... And it was nice to be with her again.. I actually really missed her! 

Then we exchanged back and I GOT TO SIT IN A JEEP!!! Just sit in it... That's all missionaries can do... Haha 

Then Thursday we drove down to searchlight with a couple in our ward! We got to have dinner with the only active member down there and met her grandson who I'm pretty sure hasn't been to church in over ten years.. And we got to meet a former investigator that they dropped just because they wouldn't go down to searchlight to see her.. But she was awesome! She used to go to church with her kids and her kids even got baptized! But she never did.. And she held a calling and did visiting teaching and everything but wouldn't get baptized.. So we are going to work on that :) the only problem is that no one in searchlight wants to drive all the way to Boulder for church every Sunday... 













But then we went to dinner and there was a super weird dog there... Her name is girl and well.. I'll just show you the picture and you'll see hahah we were sharing a spiritual message and she was just so happy to feel the spirit or something and just came up and put her head on my leg... Weird dog... But yay more animal pictures!! 





Then Friday we helped a sister move and one of the movers was talking to me in Spanish a little and I was super excited because I can't practice Spanish here!!! I was so excited! But of course my Spanish sucks so that didn't go too well.. Haha but it was cool! And I got to play with her dog! I really miss dogs if you couldn't tell...


Then Saturday of course was conference and we went and helped someone else move in between sessions. 

Then Sunday I got to go back to Paradise for Jamar's baptism!!! He apparently reactivated a less active that I was working with the entire time I was in that area and he was not going anywhere for a long time.. Then Jamar meets him right before I leave and when I go back a month later this kid is at his baptism and has been going to church! Jamar is awesome! So I got to give the talk on baptism and Jamar and I both cried.. Haha I have never seen this kid cry before and I've taught him for a long time. It was really cool to see him show some emotion!

Conference was amazing and I received so much guidance and direction from it! A lot of comfort as well :) I know as time goes on we really need to be listening to our church leaders and following their council. The Book of Mormon, the temple and our families are going to be the most important things as we go through the rest of our lives.

Remember why we are here and where we are going! Our Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to live with him again and I know that as long as we hold on to the amazing blessings he has given us we will live with him again!

I love you all so much and I hope you have an amazing week!

 
Love,
Sister Eliza Hopper




I got to play with a lot of animals this week... Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment