Monday, September 19, 2016

Monday, September 19, 2016

So Boulder City continues to be my favorite place ever! The work has been a little slow and we are working on working with members a lot to find! We have been giving all of the families we eat dinner with a commitment to find someone that they can invite into their home to have a missionary discussion with us! We have a member that just did that on her own and even though the person really wasn't interested, it was still a huge blessing! If everyone would at least try to do that we would have so many more people to teach! So I want to invite all of you to think of someone you can bring into your home and introduce the missionaries to! That means so much more than just a referral!
Other than that, we are just working on finding more people to teach and especially more solid people to teach. I love what I do! Somehow even if we aren't having a lot of success (especially after coming from an area with a lot of success) I'm still happy! Because I love doing what I do! I know it's going to be hard sometimes and in my experience the hard times are what make you the strongest. And when we are stronger we are more able to help those around us! We need to work on our own conversion always. It would be so easy for me to just give up and not work hard because we aren't finding people anyway. But I would be missing out on this amazing opportunity I have to strengthen myself so I'm ready to help others when the time comes!
That's basically what I've been thinking about this week..
We took a zone picture!

Some fun news! We have an amazing neighbor named Paul! He and his wife always make sure we are taken care of. They aren't members, but they know a lot about the church and respect it and as far as I know are not interested. But when we talk to them we often get on gospel subjects and it's amazing. One thing I've noticed on the mission is that we plant a lot of seeds.. And Paul has had a lot of seeds planted in him by a lot of missionaries. Every missionary that has come through here knows him well and they become good friends mostly through doing service. Sometimes you need to look back at your day and realize how many seeds you have planted. I know that if I didn't think positively about those moments that people say no I feel like I failed that day. But when I remember that that person will remember talking to us and will be more open to accepting the gospel someday I see it as a huge success. We INVITE people to come unto Christ by HELPING them receive the restored gospel. Sometimes inviting is all we can do and by doing that, we are helping them on the path towards baptism. And sometimes they might not accept that until the next life but I know that every contact we make with them will soften their hearts. Sorry for that little missionary work rant but I wanted to share what I've been learning! Also a scripture that has been on my mind all week that a friend shared with me last Monday:
Luke 22:32
But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
 
Sister Hunt found some rocks that she turns into animals! They are so cute! 



Also back to Paul... He has a beautiful dog name Sky! Sky likes to come into our house uninvited and try to find treats.. She has been kind of our therapy dog and helps us on our hard days. She's the sweetest :)


Love you all!! Have a great week! 
Love,
Sister Hopper

No comments:

Post a Comment