Monday, February 8, 2016

Monday, February 8, 2016

Hello everyone!!
So is week was hard.. I'm FINALLY in Vegas and I'm in the best area in the mission! But it hasn't been easy.. We live in a really nice area with lots of gated communities and houses with super high fences..








There are so many pretty houses! Aaaaand we live right next to the temple! 
We can see the temple and the strip right outside our front door! And out our back window we can see a mountain!
So my companion is Sister Vaaei and she is from Tahiti! She just learned English and she is doing so well with it! She speaks French and Tahitian and last night we had a lesson with a French family! I kinda knew what was going on and could pick up some of the things they were saying (thank you high school French class). But it was really cool. Sister V. Was able to help them with a lot of concerns they had about the church!
This week has been hard b cause we have had so many meetings that it wasn't really a normal week.. We haven't had many lessons and one of our investigators with a baptismal date told us she didn't want to go to church anymore.. So it's been a rough week.. On the up side we have a baptism coming up! Bonnie and her Daughter Kim! They are so sweet and they wanted to get baptized together so we are working with Kim's elders so that we can make that happen for them! We took them to see the temple the other day and Kim said "mom do you want to get sealed to me?" It was a very sweet moment and I loved being able to go see the temple with them! It's beautiful!! All of the new missionaries get to go next week I think.. So I'm excited for that!
I can't remember everything that's happened this week! I need to get better at writing down all the things I want to write home.. I'll get better at that as my mission goes on! I love you all so much! Have a great week!
Sister Hopper


No comments:

Post a Comment